listening: ani difranco, shy
Wow, where have I been? To sum up the Facker weekend, it was pretty crazy-awesome. I hear tell that Ruth has just received our postcards written that night, and I hope she enjoyed them. We put minutes of thought into them!
Let's see. The week following the Facker invasion, I was informed that I was able to quit my new job at Paris Jewellers because full-time hours came available at the optometrist, which I've started doing this week. I can't believe how much downtime there really is during a summer daytime shift, but I am really enjoying it; I've always liked the optometric tech work and the staff is fun and the pay is good and the hours are ideal. There's a possibility I might do a correspondence course to become a certified optometric assistant, which would be interesting.
Let's see. Sam came this weekend just past, and minus a minorly harrowing incident at Dirty Pretty, we had a great weekend culminating in a super-awesome trip to the waterpark and a massively dirty kitchen on Sunday.
This week I've been working a lot and working up excitement for another home invasion - Miss McLean will be at my house this weekend, meaning Miss Astley is also coming to stay! Sarah spends a lot of time at my house, I like it. I'm sad she's back to Kingston in September because we've just had so much fun with her here.
I'm also massively looking forward to my Vancouver trip, for which I leave on the 27th! It's my first time actually traveling ALONE - getting to and from airports and flying all by myself. And just for those of you keeping track, I'll be in Calgary on the 4th July!
ykylm,
rae


0 comments:
Post a Comment