10:57

trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists that love is like falling and falling is like this

listening: ani difranco, falling is like this


Lately, blogging seems to only happen when I have to keep up with Julie. Thanks for being a positive influence, Miss Nimmock. When are we going to have sushi and Lost again? We can't do it during the Olympics.
I have Olympic fever. I can't help it. It's the one time other than my periodic attempts at hockey-fanship that I get all het up about sports. I watched Alex Bilodeau - well, actually, in the interests of full disclosure, I buried my head in Phil's shoulder and told him to tell me when he made it to the bottom. I cried during Maelle Ricker's victory ceremony, and seeing the end of Christine Nesbitt's race. (I know Christine Nesbitt a little from church in Calgary). I have also discovered that the children I live with LOVE the Olympics. I have watched the baby stand with his mouth open watching moguls, looking at his mother like he can't even BELIEVE it, and then watching some more. Both the kids and I had a nice morning watching women's downhill. The toddler enjoyed informing me when the crashees on that brutal track took out control flags.
So in conclusion, Nimms - no other TV till the Olympics are done. I can't tear myself away. Also, have you seen the Norwegian curling team's pants?!

ykylm,
rae

0 comments: