listening: ben folds five, bruised
I am letting the three-year-old stay up until her parents get home from their Phoenix/Calgary adventure. She is sucking her thumb on the couch watching Treehouse and I'm kind of expecting her to just fall asleep there.
I made a HUGE mistake this evening when I decided to be 'helpful' and dispose of Kristen's Mother's Day flowers. They were so dead, and I hadn't really noticed because I have been a permanent fixture at BDEC this week. Turns out two-week-old flower water smells like the worst thing in the world. I have never smelled something that smelled so bad. You couldn't tell until the flowers were upended and then oh.my.goodness. I'm retching a little just thinking about it.
Text sent re: flower water smell: 'Holy Mother. Lesson learned about two-week-old flower water. That (expletive deleted) reeks to high heaven, I am going to have to fumigate the children. For the love of little apples, that stinks. It is literally the worst thing I have ever smelled. I wish I was hyperbolising. I have put the vase on the porch to think about what it has done.'
For the record, the smell has decreased. I have put the garbage bag containing the dead flowers and most of their water as far away from the house as possible. The vase is still outside thinking about what it has done. All of the doors are open and the kitchen fan is on. I may not have to scrub the floors with bleach to get the smell out now.
I am never being helpful again.
This weekend, Savannah, Matthew and I are signing the lease to our house for August. David signs it next week.
Our little house in Parkallen with its dishwasher and hardwood floors and curved corners and archways for doorways and steep, steep stairs and accessibility to public transit!
Wrote another song - called 'Vancouver Part Two'.
I'm planning a couple short jaunts in June rather spontaneously.
Three-year-old is becoming overly exuberant with the unexpected freedom of me letting her stay up. Prettty soon we will be playing the 'settling-down-game.'
ykylm,
rae


0 comments:
Post a Comment