22:08

and I hope you're thinking of me as you lay down on your side

listening: ben harper and the innocent criminals, the drugs don't work


I am indulging myself and doing one of my favourite things tonight - it is 10:11, and I am warm and cocooned under my duvet, with all the lights off, listening to music and absentmindedly clicking between sites. I've written a couple of poems in the last little while, and so the insistent 'WRITE, DAMN IT' voice has quieted slightly, and it's nice to not be worrying about anything tonight.
I've been in an interesting place for the past few days. I've gotten back into contact with a few people from whom I've been somewhat drifting away, and in a way I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's odd when you think you've made your peace with something and then it turns itself on its head and you're not peaceful at all.
In fun news, the boy and I went for lunch with his mom, grandmother and two of his brothers yesterday. We walked down Whyte some, but the weather's turning cold again and it was less than entirely satisfying. We had a nice lunch at Murietta's on Whyte and...106th, I believe. I had my first taste of bison, and I highly recommend Murietta's calamari appetizer.
Celtic Woman - At the Ceili. This song makes me laugh.
I think I'm going to try to go to sleep early tonight, and thus leave you with this recommendation: visit www.soundsleeping.com. It's awesome. I used it the other night to fall asleep to, and you can create just the most relaxing tracks with it.

ykylm,
rae

0 comments: