listening: all hail the heartbreaker, the spill canvas (followed by i'll catch you, the get up kids)
Sometimes, I do things a little late. I also copy and paste them and don't remember my own font. This may be it. (thank you www.sundrymourning.com)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I snorkled in a cenote. I visited the Yucatan peninsula. I completed a year of university. I dropped out of school. I lived in a house without my parents. I lived with family members that were not my immediate family. I set up and canceled a cable account. I pulled an all-nighter...it has been a year of firsts.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not keep my resolutions, but that has never stopped me from making more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My extended family welcomed three beautiful little girls this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather passed away on Valentine's Day.
5. What countries did you visit? I passed through the States, and visited Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
There was a time where I would have said 'stability', but I am coming to realise that although it unsettles me, I thrive on change. Therefore, I want 2010 to be my year of courage and my year of optimism, as well as a year of change.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 14 February, when my grampa passed away. 1 May and 31 October, for moving into and moving out of MY first house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Tangibly, I completed a year of university. Intangibly, though - there are so many 'achievements' that are really only a change in my way of thinking or a triumph over an insecurity.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I let people down. I hate letting people down.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had poor eating habits and got sick a lot in the beginning of the year. I got a mattress dropped on my head and spent a night in the hospital waiting on the results of a CT scan. I kicked a bedpost and hurt my toe. Nothing overly serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hard to say. I bought some great stuff this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family's. Phil's. Julie's. Savannah's. Etc.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This is my year of optimism, remember?
14. Where did most of your money go?
School, rent, food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into my house. The job I almost got.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Kevin Rudolf - Let it Rock.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner, poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleep
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Not sleep.
20. How did you spend Christmas? I spent Christmas with my family in Playa del Carmen. We went to the beach and then out for a Mayan dinner.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Scrubs
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word. There are people who I feel very differently about now than I did at this time last year, in a negative light.
24. What was the best book you read?
Considering I often read upwards of ten-fifteen books in a week, I wish I could remember exactly all that I read. I loved dooce's book It Sucked and then I Cried. I read The Time Traveler's Wife ten or eleven times in two months. I reread David Sedaris's Naked and thoroughly enjoyed it. Katharine Hepburn's autobiography was magnificent. Suite Francaise was superb as well.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dala
26. What did you want and get?
A new iPod. :)
27. What did you want and not get?
I'm very spoiled, and again - it's already 2010 and I have vowed optimism. I can't be optimistic if I keep relentlessly living in the past.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Inglourious Basterds
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned nineteen. Sam and Phil came from Calgary to help me move that week, and we went to a bar with a couple of people I lived in residence with. It was not an overwhelming success, but my twentieth birthday will be better.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A complete and total lack of insomnia.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Whatever's clean? It evolved slightly more girly, slightly less utilitarian. I like things that flatter me, whether or not they are strictly on-trend or in-style.
32. What kept you sane?
It was touch-and-go there for a while, and I am immensely grateful to my family, Kristen and Eric, Phil, Savannah, Julie, Ruth, Leah, Meaghan, Catherine, Adam, David, Matthew, Natalie, Laura, Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Bright Eyes, Jenny Owen Youngs, iTunes, youtube, Dala, Tokyo Noodle House, Residence St-Jean and the people who sold my daddy my car.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mmmm. Matt Damon. Preeeettty. (Hi Jon Stewart! I love you too).
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Canadian political, or world political? Sounds like a topic for another post.
35. Who did you miss?
My family. The boy. All those who I didn't see for four months this summer. My four-winds-scattered Calgary boys (and girls).
36. Who was the best new person you met?
It's hard to say in 2009 because I met a lot of great university people who would count as '2008.' I did meet some awesome co-workers and Red Deer folks though.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
You can't always get what you want.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Fought away the sleepless hours
Unsettled dreams will make you keep
You can paint them all your brilliant colors
Just don't fall off into the deep
Happiness is not a burden
Oh, how the pendulum will swing
I have felt the ground, I've seen the seeds
Out of which grew golden wings
What if I loved you?...you know I love you. (Everblue, Mandy Moore)
ykylm,
rae


0 comments:
Post a Comment