22:49

I'm twenty-two and I've been through hell. Where did I go when I lost myself?

listening: sunday dress, dala


My 'grown-up' email address is chock-full of sent messages to 'Receptionist wanted' job postings on the Government of Canada job bank website. I forgot how much I hate job hunting, especially because I love my current job.
I also have a tendency to avoid writing about really awesome things, like my recent Mexico vacation, because I feel like they turn into lists. So let me tell you some highlights instead of a step-by-step version of Mexico.
We stayed in a condo in Playa del Carmen, at Calle 28 Norte and Avenida Primera, on the second floor. It had beautiful, cool, hard-on-the-legs travertine floors and showers, air conditioning, two tiny balconies and bed legs that were too close to the edge of the bed for my liking, or the liking of my right baby toe. (Nail: has not fallen off yet, thanks for checking! And! The black coagulated blood blister seems to be receding!) We were a five-minute walk from Playa Mamitas, the beach well-known for the dueling Eurotrance of the beach clubs on either side of the street up to our house. We enthusiastically defied my mother's early decree of 'WE ARE NOT EATING OUT EVERY NIGHT' at some of the most delectable restaurants at which I've ever eaten. (I heartily recommend La Vagabunda, Casa del Agua, Yaxche and Bistro 524, if you ever visit Playa del Carmen, which you should). I was challenged by the activities and transported by the sights and scenery at Hidden Worlds Cenotes Park, where I saw a family of parrots high in the jungle canopy while riding my Sky Cycle. It was there, too, where I was inspired by my mother's bravery. And I believe we all enjoyed the easy camaraderie of being a family, often including honorary family member Sam. It was one of the best vacations of my life. Remind me to tell you about how I almost spent two extra days in Utah with my mother on the way back, though.

ykylm,
rae

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Smorgasbored said...

Avenida Cozumel, not Avenida Primera - unless your intent was to deliberately mislead.

rachel shea said...

Pappy - it was just south of Avenida Primera...