listening: crush luther, emergency
there was sun today, when I woke up. I looked out the window and my eyes almost burned off the reflected light beaming off parked cars that haven't had a chance yet to get dirty - there has not been enough snow.
I am a little wistful, now, looking out the same window four and a half hours later and seeing the same sun sunk beneath those clouds that only appear at sunset. It has been so clear all day, but the clouds are now tinged with a blue that will never be seen again, a colour that is a cross between a cantaloupe and an orange and is almost as ripe and warm as one. Too much contrast on one cold day. Too much clarity - it almost hurts the eyes.
I should have gotten up earlier, shouldn't have wasted the sun.
But then I might not have seen all the things I see now as I watch it disappear.
ykylm,
rae


0 comments:
Post a Comment