22:57

you are mine and I am yours.

listening: Cara Dennis, Allie Proppe and Rae Lemke, You are Mine (August Acoustic)

Holiday cards. Ohhhhh, holiday cards.

I have eight holiday cards in my computer bag, which is currently buried under clean clothes on my aunt's floor. My aunt has not come in here over the past few days. That is probably a very, very good thing. These holiday cards? Are written to my mentor and her husband and seven of my very best friends, none of whom get an actual present because, well, I pretty much lived on tuna for two weeks this month. Enough money to feed myself? Yes. Good. Enough to buy presents for my close friends? Ehhhhh nope. 
Luckily, all of them are approaching skint too, so it's not like they'll shower me with gifts and then I will be the one standing there with (albeit pretty) Hallmark envelopes and a sheepish expression.
The holiday cards are adorable though. In an effort to be at least partially politically correct for my friends who, largely, are into only the 'commercial-aspect' of Christmas, I bought ones that say 'Deck the Halls' in big silver letters on a red card, and they're very shiny, bright and tinselesque. 
Now I just have to buy stamps, or, barring that, everyone gets late Christmas cards this year when I come home AFTER Christmas.

(inspiration for this post from the Meme Express).

ykylm,
rae


0 comments: