listening: carolyn arends, travelers
okay, never let it be said I don't at least LEARN from jumping to conclusions.
I was very very VERY crabby about having to go to 'Can I Kiss You?' last night and it turned out to be very good - funny and informative, and with some really good messages. They shouldn't advertise it as a 'dating' thing because it was more sexual assault and rape-focused, but the whole message was 'respect', and that's a good thing.
so sorry, creators of 'Can I Kiss You?', for underestimating you.
Today in history I learned that I love it.
seriously, oh my goodness. I could have stayed in that lecture for another hour. Byzantine Empire? Cool! Mongol Empire? Cool! I'm going to the bibliotheque later and renting the movie she recommended about the 'empire musulmane' because sweet. Such an interesting lecture.
Best thing I learned though?
There was a SWEDISH EMPIRE.
Now I HAVE to learn Swedish, in case that ever pops up again.
I also went for a run/jog/walk with Ruth at 7:30 this morning and at 10:30 last night (to get the blood running to our heads to do our homework, you see). So that was fun as well.
ykylm,
rae


0 comments:
Post a Comment