listening: incubus, i miss you
(let not the band name keep you away...they have some of the most beautiful songs: i miss you, I wish you were here, and drive being prime examples. If you look up i miss you, look up an acoustic version).
This post is a little diametrically opposed, on the mood front. As am I today. So I'll do the happy stuff first.
I found a church. I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to keep going to Mill Creek Church of God (soon to be Grace Point Church of God, since they're moving way down south; but three people have already offered to make sure I get there and back since I don't drive). I went to their morning service today and it's very good - Bible-based and interesting, and a great worship team, and I went to their campus small group which was also pretty great. So yeah, I think I've found an Edmonton church home.
The past few evenings, though, have been prime wallowing material, and I have thus compiled a list of 'miss you'/'bad mood' songs that Youtube is keeping on repeat these days. Some of them are embarrassing for me, but meh. (I mean the Nickelback song-I pretend someone else is singing it).
So here: if you're feeling down and need some wallowing music, wallow in this:
Incubus - I Miss You
3 Doors Down - Here Without You
Nickelback - Far Away (seriously...imagine someone else singing and it's a decent song)
Blink-182 - I Miss You, Down
Fort Minor - Where'd You Go
No Doubt - Home Now
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Relient K - Curl Up and Die
The Weepies - Take It From Me
Barenaked Ladies - Sound of Your Voice
Damien Rice - Lonelily.
And then go have some tea and cheer up. :)
ykylm,
rae


0 comments:
Post a Comment